Thursday, December 20, 2007

Things I am looking to

I am only a few hours from leaving and am in the final mad dash, hoping my luggage isn't too heavy, hoping I won't break my back carrying it , wondering if Alanna will remember what day she is picking me up. (She's cute but has trouble with time zones and travel) Praying I don't lose anything and worried that 40 hours in transit will be a fate worse than hell.

We will post a few more from the other side of the pond and in January keep you posted as to what we are doing, coffee houses etc. .

So now that I am almost home I have beeing thinking about things that I will miss once I am gone.

The people

Surfing

Buying DVD’s for $2

Strangers welcoming me in to their house to eat

The amazing tea

The ability to have such an incredible impact on people

The view from our rooftop

How just living is an adventure

Driving on the left side of the road

Being able to drive like a maniac and it is tame compared to the nationals

The five minute drive to the beach

Working with an eclectic mix of internationals

Hearing multiple languages being spoken at any meeting

Seeing elephants and monkeys

Buying better than Starbuck’s quality coffee for 1$

The gorgeous countryside

Wearing sandals to work everyday

Going for high tea

All the awesome kinds of fruit

Monsoon rains

Fresh limejuice

Being a celebrity everywhere I go and feeling like a rock star - Move over Bono

How all the Tamil girls think I am cute and funny and not just funny looking

Seeing women in sarees and men in sarongs

Riding my motorbike

How there is no road rage

Being called sir by everyone

Having every single person welcome you with a huge smile

Drinking pop from glass bottles

Getting eggs from the market in a newspaper cone filled with sawdust

Getting fresh veggies at the market

Eating freshly picked cashews

Seeing cows, goats and chickens on the road as I walk to work

Being so plugged into world events

The ice cream here that is made from real cream

Having geckos run all over the place

Eating fresh mangoes from our tree


Make it a great day

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Michael said...

And I was worried that the Holy !@#$ blog post was going to be the last one. Whew. Well said friend, now get home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home