Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Things you notice when you are a married guy living on your own.


For the past month (and for the next 24 days) I have been living the life of a bachelor. In this role there a few things that have become very obvious and the following is a collection of those observations. .

I’m right a lot more of the time

I actually have closet space!?

I finally get to use half of the bed

There are a lot less hair products kicking around

I never have to stop and ask for directions (could be because I’m never lost)

I take more stupid risks

I get to talk a lot more

I eat fewer vegetables

I seem to have more money

There are a lot less “icky, creepy, scary” spiders and things that I am forced to kill

I don’t watch as many romantic comedies (Praise the lord for this alone!)

I read more nerdy books

I lose a lot more stuff

I get to have total control over the remote

I laugh less

I get mocked an awful lot less

No one asks me to talk about my feelings

Nobody recounts all the details of their nightly dreams to me

Life is not as rich

I’m at a loss for who I should torment and tickle

I seldom hear the phrase “that’s cute”

I give fewer opinions on hair do’s and fashion

I listen to more country music

Make it a great day

7 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,

I think the phrase is "that's funny" not "that's cute" and I thought you were making fun of me when I was telling you about my dreams when we were in Nepal. Now that I know you miss them, I will start to e-mail you a detailed description each day.

Dad B

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you certainly have had time to reflect on many issues and write deep and intelligent thoughts. However, it is obvious to any thinking person that you miss your lovely wife so very much and being the sensitive man you are, have relied on the tried and true - sarcasm and irony - to express your deepest thoughts, leaving it to your audience to read between the lines. We know you hug your teddy bear at night!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger The Beys said...

Awwww...you miss Alanna....THAT'S CUTE!!!!

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

having once been in your shoes Scott, I concur that this is a fairly conclusive list. One never appreciates the total personal makeover of having a spouse until that interior decorator is absent.
However, one line stands out boldly against all the others -
"let's talk about your feelings Scott" I know that you really miss this and the emotion of this line is practically bursting forth amidst the other lines that you peroused about.You don't need to place it further down the list trying to mask the inner trauma you are facaing and asking us to read between the lines. We all know it belongs at the top. We are all (over) here for you man.

Have a great day and thanks for taking me down memory lane from my school days.

J Dog

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Don't worry Scott. Kyle showed Alanna his "dream journal" and now she's keeping one for you to read when you get home.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

All of you have made some very keen insights about today's entry. I am most excited about reading My Father in law's, Alanna and especially Kyle's dream journals. It will make for the most riveting reading when I return. Perhaps Kyle will also open up the fountain of emotion to me as well. We all know that he is into that

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Michael said...

You listen to more country music? I'm not sure that has to do with being single overseas? That's a serious problem Scott. I would suggest getting some help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home