
Green is the colour, Football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer our song through the sun and rain
Saskatchewan Roughriders is our name.
There are more lyrics but this is usually all that the beer swilling fans can usually recall and yodel at Taylor Field.
I have been cheering for these guys since I was a kid. I cheered for them during the eight years in a row we missed the playoffs and could only win a couple games a year. I also
cheered for them when all you had to do to make to the playoffs was play Sask three times a year and the year I am out of the country they have there best record since 1970? I am not sure if I am the jinx or Jonah or what. Needless to say I have thoroughly been enjoying listening to the games online. Albeit at 3:00 in the morning.
We all know the Riders are Canada’s team and deep down we all cheer for them. So in the spirit of all things green I thought I would initiate what is bound to come, poking fun at those of us from the holy land. So I thought I would warm you up with a couple.
1. You know the toothbrush was invented in Sask, other wise it would have been called a teeth brush.
2. You know you are from Saskatchewan when you get down to the herbicide jingles on the radio
3. You know you are from Saskatchewan when you can sort your clothes into three piles – 1. Green 2. White 3. Green and white
4. You know you are from Sask when you get married three times and you still have the same inlaws
5. You know you are from Sask if you climb the highest hill around (local garbage dump) for a romantic view of the sunset
So here is your forum to make fun of all things Sask and post all of your comments and lets see who is the most creative.
Make it a Green Day .
5 Comments:
Go Roughies, and Scott thanks for putting the words down on paper so eloquently. I could not have done better myself. By the way I may not have been a Rider fan form the time I was 8, only because us Christian Mennonite types did not believe in Football, or for that matter anything that might resemble the bombers. They were the enemy to those of us raised in a very passive, non-resistant, turn the other check home. This Sunday we will prevail, and the Green will once again dominate not only in our dreams but in reality. Too bad you will not be at our house in Wpg. to enjoy the game. And no, I have not become a Bomber fan just because we now live in Wpg.
Uncle Bob
Go Bombers.
This comment has been removed by the author.
...you know when you are from Sask when you can say "got married in Moose Jaw" and it's true.
That song was indeed moving.
It almost moved me to drink a "green" pint over it. But not a joyous song but a much "darker" song, more of a lament over the "darker green" - a true Green that once ruled the prairies like a great empire, stretching its reign out for oh, my life time. Alas. I w EE p.
GULP go riders LONG LIVE THE EE!
Post a Comment
<< Home