Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HOLY !#$*@!

Okay perhaps not holy but amazing. I once was told that I was a poop magnet. At the time it really it did seem that unfortunate events seems to follow me about with great propensity. However, here it really is unequivocally true. I have this unbelievable ability to find the only patch of manure and step right into it.

Yesterday I got out of the car and entered the office. After a little while I noticed this terrible stench of crap. I began to look about to see if anyone looked as if they had soiled themselves but alas no. I continued on during the morning, traveled by car and noticed this terrible smell still lingered. Now there was only a couple of us in the car so I eyeballed them all and they all looked guilty and suspicious to me. . Then I proceeded into the store where the stench persisted. This is when I became quite suspicious and my spidey senses tingled. There was only one common denominator and that was me. So sure enough I looked at my sandals and they were both fully engulfed in cow crud. EEEEEEWWWWWW.

Lesson to be learned? Look at yourself first and don’t judge others? Or just watch where you walk. Unfortunately this is not a one time event but something I do at least once a week. One would think I would learn.

Then later in the day as if the first episode wasn’t enough I attracted even more volumes of manure. We were attending an opening ceremony for one of our beneficiaries. I was sitting under a palm tree minding my own business when a stupid crow dumped a load on my shoulder!!! I think it had been constipated for an entire week and only then was able to relieve itself. ”Thanks a bunch pal, that really adds to the auspiciousness of the occasion!”

Needless to say that all of my encounters of the manure kind are a continual source of merriment for my staff and hopefully to you as well.

Hope your day isn’t as crappy

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Ah thanks Scott for the good laugh. I can't believe a cow took a crap on your shoulder. That is awesome! What a fantastic addition to your last week in Sri Lanka.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger The Beys said...

That's funny Jamie, when I first read the blog I thought it said a cow took a crap too but sadly, I think it was only an itty-bitty CROW that crapped on Scott's shoulder! Now a cow would have been SO MUCH funnier... Maybe you could try for that next time Scott to give us an even bigger laugh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home