The proposed itinerary.
I know you are all wanting to be able to track with us and know where we are at all times and also I'm pretty proud of myself for all my internet bookings. (It's so amazing what you can do online!) So...here is where we are for the next week or so. Please keep in mind that we're half way around the world from you so we are also 12 hours ahead (ish...but close enough for my time-zone deficient brain.)
Sept 27 - Flight from Colombo to Delhi, India. Stay at hotel in Delhi (pre-booked on internet!)
Sept 28 - Explore Delhi, try not to get too lost, try out some Indian curries (which are very different from SL curries)
Sept 29 - Take the train (tickets purchased on line) from Delhi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and return to Delhi
Sept 30 - more exploring Delhi and then taking a night train (yes, also pre-arranged with my amazing internet skills) to Gorakhpur (near the Nepal border)
Oct 1 - Arrive at Gorakhpur and find a bus to the Nepal border at Sonauli, then from the border to Kathmandu...(we hope...;)
Oct 2 and 3rd - hopefully connect with Samaritan's Purse staff in Kathmandu and check out some projects/catch up on things/review some Sri Lanka project. The last one is mostly for Scott who will be coming back. I'll do my best to be really disruptive during that part.
Oct 3rd evening - go to airport to meet my brother (Scott) and my dad (Dad).
Oct 4 - explore Kathmandu, buy hiking boots that fit my feet wonderfully and don't take any time to break in...;) Plan trekking details.
Oct 5 - do last minute trekking stuff and wear my hiking boots a lot. Put all heavy things in other people's packs...
Oct 6 - leave Kathmandu for the start of the Annapurna circuit trek! Be off the grid for 16-20 days.
Everything after this is completely up in the air except that we have a flight leaving KTM on Nov 2. So we'll have to make it back by then!
Getting excited and not quite so anxious now that I have booked stuff. Good thing I did too as I had to shift all the India plans back by a day to get seats on trains! We'll try to post when we can but obviously we won't have as much internet access as we do now.
One week from today I'll be in Kathmandu...crazy! Those of you who know me well know that I have this thing about how weird travel is. I can leave one place in the morning and be in a totally different context in the evening. And yes I know that's kind of how travel works but it still blows my mind!

2 Comments:
It really does not take much to blow that travel mind of yours. Alanna, if it is three in Nelson what time is it on the other side of the ferry?
Shut up Scott...
Post a Comment
<< Home