And all for a cup of tea…
A 8 hour drive, through the hills, windy roads, stopping to let buses pass us at each tight corner, arriving at a hotel at 9pm, wondering if they still have a booking, can we get some food, and why is it so so cold here. Sounds like a relaxing weekend. We actually had a really nice weekend but we spent a bit too much time driving there, and then of course a bit too much time driving home. Funny how that works…
Anyways…we headed up to Nuwara Eliya for the weekend. It’s tea country, so different from the rest of the county. It’s really beautiful up there and we learned a
The hotel is really cool, it’s an old tea factory that’s been converted into a hotel and still has some of the old equipment in place. It has won a UNESCO award for its heritage and uniqueness. It’s pretty hard to take photos that reflect it but I tried...but I can't find them at the current moment so you don't get to see them.
And did I mention its freezing? Well, by freezing I mean about 12 degrees and windy and raining but it felt really, really cold. Needless to say I’m starting to get a little worried about arriving in 
Scott has this thing for tea picking women I think, he was squishing himself through the tea bushes trying to get the perfect shot. The women thought he was crazy…of course, I set them straight immediately and enthusiastically encouraged his photo taking. Actually it was pretty funny, we went and bought them a big bag of candy after that and as you can see, Scott got some great photos.
We’re trying to take advantage of our last few weeks in county to see some parts of the island again, next weekend we’re heading down to do some surfing, it’ll be the last time while we’re here. We’ll be heading to
Cheers!

7 Comments:
Those two are great pictures.
Trevor
You can't be coffee snobs AND tea snobs!! One or the other will do...what can we possibly serve you now when you come over? Hi, Scott and Alanna, would you like a glass of water??
We are really looking forward to having you both home again. It will be great to talk on the phone without the pauses and static. Judy and Yogi are here now and can't believe that you are snobs about almost everything you drink! Hope you don't start buying designer water when you return!!
Mom B.
It better be filtered water chilled to 5.5 degrees Rachelle.
Your wish is my command...
I am so sorry people that I raised such a snob. I thought he was a down home country boy. I guess it's the Alanna influence.
mom t
It it NOT the Alanna influence. He was a coffee snob when he came back from Columbia! And he's the one that keeps going on and on about how he'll never drink "tea bag tea" again!
Post a Comment
<< Home