Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How far will $10 get you?

The other day I arrived back in Sri Lanka and only had about a 1000 Rps or a little less than ten bucks to get me through the next couple of days. There was absolutely no food left here so I did a little pre shopping planning and was able to purchase the necessities to feed and groom myself for a few days. It really is remarkable what you can get for 10 bucks. As you can see I only purchased the absolute essentials.

Latte 100 (Better than Starbuck’s)

Lunch Packet 150 ( 2 Kg of rice, chicken and curry)

Coke 40

Pasta & Sauce 85

Croissants 170

Toothebrush 60

1L ice cream 160

Pirated DVD 220

TOTAL 995 Rupees

Not a bad day of shopping I would say. I think I am in for a rude awakening when I return home.

Make it a great day

Scott

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice you didn't buy a razor - are you going to inflict your beard on one of the barbers there or keep it until you get home?

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

No Colleen I waited to go see one my barbers yesterday. I definitely think my beard weighed about five pounds. Clearly, my beard was better than your brother's or dad's.

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott - you forgot the toothpaste. You are in big trouble now that I am not around to look after you and provide you with toothpaste.

Dad B

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Heather M. said...

It's good to know you purchased only the essentials! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home