Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I miss cute puppies

Usually at this time of year, I’m out in the mountains on the first trips of the seasons, spotting for wildlife. The first bears of the season, wondering if the Grizzlies are hanging around Lake Louise yet, looking for the ubiquitous sheep on hwy 11 and those crazy mule deers with the giant ears at the Kootenay Plains. I miss that.

Though on the other hand I get to see pretty interesting animal sightings here. In the last few days on my way to work, I’ve seen several cows eating garbage, some baby goats (which are very cute), some adult goats fighting and some (different) adult goats mating, thousands and thousands of crows, and hundreds of really gross dogs. Between my house and the office in Batticaloa, there are this group of dogs with the saddest, most disgusting looking puppies ever. They’re so skinny and flea bitten and mangy, all their hair is falling out, and they look so sad. They almost look sad enough for me to pick them up but I really, really don’t want some canine disease so I hold back. I look forward to the day when I can pet strange dogs on the street again and when I don’t have to watch cows eating garbage…or watch goats mating for that matter.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger The Beys said...

Oh...pick up the puppies!! They sound so sad!!! You're not scared of an itty-bitty canine disease are you?? If it makes you feel any better this weekend isn't looking that spring-like for Calgary, possible snow by Monday. Miss ya,
Rachelle

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

LOL! You know you want a dog!!! And I can totally picture Scott with one too! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home