Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The top 10 things that are different between my current office and my past office

- My day starts at 7:30 AM!

- We share two dial-up connections among 30 people instead of high speed wireless between 3 people

- We have a mango tree and several banana trees

- I set the A/C to 20 degrees rather than the heating

- We have guards...not a "guard dog"

- None of the bikes outside is mine, and none cost more than $70.

- We never talk about skiing...:(

- No one comes in in their skiing clothes, pjs, bike gear, or clothes they've been wearing for 5 days.

- No one wears fleece shorts

- The UN drops by from time to time.

3 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

Just a little different eh?!?! I can't believe I wasn't on the list! Um hello?!?! ;) ;)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger RLE said...

Hey guys!
It is good to read your blog and get caught up on your lives - so different from North America, eh?
Just wanted to say hi! and I will be back when I have more time!
Rayna

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Thompson! Jenny told me you and Alanna had started a blog so I thought I'd check it out... Sri Lanka sounds amazing, your house is really cute and what a location! My siblings (kaitlyn and zander) only wish you'd stayed at Bishop Pinkham another 2 years so that their outdoor ed experince could have been as cool as mine! Anyway what you and Alanna are doing is really great, I hope all your projects are successful.
Your (former) student
Kirsten Sjonnesen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home