Saturday, October 21, 2006

Rats, Cockroaches, Ants, Maggots and Geckos


These are just a few of my favorite things. All of these creatures have occupied our house for some period of time since our arrival. Ahhh the romantic ideal of living so close to the beach.

Well during our last caper with the rat our hero was valiantly batting a rat about the room. However, there was yet another prowling about. Happy to say to all of those concerned folks, particularly our moms that we have slain the latest rat.

We employed multiple rat traps, rat glue, bait and water buckets and poison. For the last couple of days we have been coming home and smelling death in the kitchen. At first Alanna thought I been cooking again but no. Then we thought we spilled the rat glue and that was what was so awful. We scoured the kitchen and scrubbed but to no avail. However today we were able move our stove and there was little rotting rat face covered in delicious maggots. Presently we are on a bleach campaign and hope to have everything ship shape my midday.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine life with your new "pets" - especially the smelly one behind the stove. Remind me, if we come for a visit, not to enter until the rat patrol has completed his scouring for the latest corpse!
Great blogs! Thanks for the updates.

Love,
Mom B.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alanna and Scott,
Amazing to think of you way over there.
I've enjoyed reading your blogs...very interesting and funny! I like the photos too.

Love, Sylvia

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear you are enjoying your animal friends in S.L.! I was reading this to the 3 boys that I'm babysitting this weekend for a friend. The oldest boy was reading a book about man-eating savage rats, so I thought he'd enjoy your escapades.

We were at the COA Pot luck the other night and Bernie wet our appetite with a bit of the story of Scott and the rats.

Thinking and praying for you, your parents (and the poor little rats),
Sue Chenier

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor rats! It's so sad that they're contaminated.

A rat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home