Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hey there Folks!

Wow, this summer really has been quite the whirlwind and we had a pile of adventures already. We were so fortunate this summer to spend a ton of time with family and friends and just have a chance to hang out before we take off. One of the biggest adventures of course was having a chance to summit Mount Columbia which is the highest peak in Alberta and sits at about 12,200 feet. As a few of the pictures demonstrate it really was incredible way to finish off our summer mountaineering season. We were able to climb with a really incredible group of people and were the first and probably the only party to successfully summit this year so it really was quite exciting.
From the mountain tops we went to the holy land and were able to cheer on Canada's team to victory. As you can see we are trying to start my niece off at a young age.

Anyways, we are so excited to be able to step out into real need and are thrilled to move from the talking stage to the action stage. We really have been fortunate with the great friends, students and co workers who have enriched our time in Calgary and we look forward to next stage of life and hope you will track with us as we learn and are challenged.
Scott

3 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Alanna
I can't believe you're finally taking off after all this preparation. I wish you both nothing but the best. I can't wait to hear about all your travels and experiences. Thankyou for all that you taught me, and for all the laughs. You are truly inspirational people.
Hegs

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say it was great to climb Columbia with you. On that climb and in life, you are both a true inspiration. Good luck over the next year, I look forward to following your newest adventure.

Simon

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Heather M. said...

So glad we got to spend some quality time with you guys this summer, even amidst the craziness! I'm sure Jonathan will keep Scott posted on all the CFL happenings so he won't miss out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home